Renowned radio presenter Caroline Mutoko last week was the toast of the town when she was announced as the new chairlady of the Kenya Tourist Development Corporation. However, our elders were not lying when they said, 'what goes up must come down.' Only days after the announcement, the High Court of Kenya has declared Caroline's appointment illegal.
This Friday, the 3rd of August, you can enjoy some good South African music at the Sheebeen courtesy of Basetown Entertainment. The event starts at 8:00 p.m. and goes on till late. Entry is free.
The Tusker Lite Experience is having the third of its quarterly events on the 8th of September. This time, they are bringing in legendary American RnB singer and frontman of New Edition, Johnny Gill. The event will be hosted at the Carnivore Lounge starting at 7:00 p.m.
Tanzanian rapper Fid Q used to host this show, Fidstyle Friday, that brought some of the best rappers together to lay down some of the best bars that have ever been recorded live.
This has just gotten serious than it already was. It was a big deal when we saw those advertisements on TV and billboards talking about bringing Zack back home, but it's now a huge deal, considering that his own son has just started his own campaign for his dad.
On the 23rd of June this year, Nairobi witnessed the biggest concert of the year. One of the hottest acts in the continent, DJ Cleo, took the stage on an excitement-filled night and rocked it.
This 12Th of August will bring together some of the biggest gospel artistes and the entire faithful community at one venue, to celebrate the strides that gospel music has taken so far in the Kenyan music industry.
Female rappers like Nazizi, Stella Mwangi, Lness and Muthoni Drummer Qween have paved way for more to come.
Esther Arunga was the darling of the media industry. An innocent face with zero sideshows and a promising future. Then she joined a church, got married to a God-appointed partner, entered politics and sued her parents.
She has recently been in the news again after a Web of lies about her whereabouts emerged. With each story, it seems there is no end to the craziness. You can read the stories here. Below is an undated photo of her abroad, probably while in school, from a more innocent time.
Top This Week
- Meet The New Boss Lady! The New Socialite! The New Queen of Booty!! (photos)
- Ghafla! Exclusive: Tahidi High Actress Affirms She Is A Lesbian. See The Lavish Party She Held For Her Gorgeous Lover (Photos)
- 10 Most Beautiful Ladies In Kenya. Huddah Monroe Featured Somewhere. Do You Agree With This List? (Photos)
- Kathy Kiuna's Daughter Is Absolutely Stunning (Photos)
- Mwanaisha Chidzuga's Daughter Is The Spitting Image Of Her Dad Danson Mungatana (Photos)
- Dear Victoria Kimani, You Have No Right To Insult Ghafla Writers. To Us You Are Just A Despicable Late Bloomer, Nigerian Wannabe And Overhyped Average Singer Who Needs To Show Some Respect
- The Top 10 Highest Earning Musicians Of 2015. Jaguar Misses a Spot You Will Not Believe Who Topped the List
- Forget Campus Divas For Rich Men And Check Out Nairobi Cougar Lounge Where Young Men Are Paid 15,000 A Week To Bang A Mummy
- Kenyan Tear Angrily At Churchill After He Posted This.
- GHAFLA EXPLORES: Old Thirsty Tourists Soliciting For Sex, Young Girls Selling Their Bodies For A Few Dollars And Beach Boys Doing Dirty Deals......These Are The Shocking Things I Saw In Malindi This Past Weekend