Our morning was brightened up by one of the budding and youngest radio presenter/comedian/actor at our offices.
The two Zimbabwe contestants for this year's Big Brother Show have been through a lot the last few days. From making public apologies to grilling interviews, yet the have managed to hold it all together (at-least after the game).
Straight form the streets of Mombasa, we bare witness to yet another making of a rapper full of rhythm and soul. Little do most of you know that most of the best lyricists in Kenya come from the coastal region, maybe because of their vast knowledge of our Swahili language, but there's just something in their flow that's very captivating.
Take this rapper for instance, Blackfella. He has been around for so long yet very few know him as an artiste. Most Coastal rappers blame this on the so called 'media blackout' that Nairobi gives to the Coast artistes. I don't know about that but this artiste is going places, with or without it.
Blackfella's latest track, 'Once told' is the kind of track you would keep on replaying, on and on and the reasons for that are more than just one. The beat that's been so well blend with the piano, the lyrics that reflect to most people's life and strugles, or the unique and rhythmic flow that he delivers his words, take your pick.
I don't see any reasong why this music shouldn't take over the top charts. Check it out below.
What an eventful weekend we had: from the highly anticipated BET awards in which our very own Camp mulla were nominated, to the hot debate and convictions surrounding the musicians whose songs promoted ethnicity. Here's 10 things you should know in the entertainment scene in Kenya this morning:
1. So we selected a number of the Kikuyu songs that were the talk on social media and went ahead to translate them for you. You'll be shocked to find out the lyrical content.
2. The Kikuyu musician who was behind a couple of the songs was arraigned in court. Find out what his charges were.
3. Camp Mulla were not a happy bunch... find out more about their visa hitches that prevented them from going to the United States for the BET Awards ceremony.
4. Former Tusker Project Fame winner Alpha may have come out strongly against EABL, but the Universal Music Group comes out sharply with accusations about the winner.
5. Uh oh...we made a astartling discovery: it seems a TPF5 contestant is actually an experienced musician. Find out who
6. What does it feel like to be in Camp Mulla's shoes? Find out which other artistes have fallen to the US visa axe
7. There's another hot cypher out from the Kenyan all star kitchen. Sit down and have a listen because class is in session!
8. Boy band heart throbs Sauti Sol held there farewell concert before they head over to Amsterdam for their EP launch.
9. Kenrazy dropped his mixtape...check out the cover here
10. Camp Mulla fail to bag the award in their category...so just who was the winner?