Kenyan Gospel Artistes Score Multiple Nominations at Continental AwardsMonday, 11 June 2012 17:35 , Written by Adam Wagwau (Writer)
The African Gospel Music Award nominations were announced this weekend and Kenyan artistes picked a number of nominations. The awards ceremony will be held at the Hippodrome in London on the 7th of July.
Emmy Kosgey has the highest number of nominations by Kenyans with nods in East African Artiste of the Year, Best Female Artiste, Song of the Year for Ololo and Album of the Year for Ololo. Emmy Kosgei had already been announced as the only Kenyan performer at the event during the launch of the awards in April this year.
She is followed by Eko Dydda with East African Artiste of the Year, Song of the Year for Psalms 23 and Male Artiste of the Year. Daddy Owen had two nominations for Dakika Tatu, Video of the Year and Male Artiste of the Year. Kambua and Willie Paul got nominations for East African Artiste of the Year while Billy Frank got one for Producer of the Year.
Other Kenyans nominated are Sarah K for East African Artiste of the Year, Kriss’ Ehh Baba for Afro Gospel Rap of the Year, while Vijana Kwa Pulpit have been nominated for Discovery of the Year. Maximum Melodies and Adawnage both got nominations in the Group of the Year category.
Kenya had more nominations in the media categories. The country’s own local gospel awards show, Groove Awards, has been nominated for Event of the Year. Anthony Ndiema has been nominated for Gospel Radio Presenter of the Year while Milele FM’s Gospel Sunday has been nominated for Radio Program of the Year. NTV’s Crossover 101 has been nominated for Gospel TV Show of the Year.
AGMA seeks to celebrate the artistes’ contributions to the gospel music arena in the continent. The bigger and better 2012 edition looks to promote God-given talent in Africa and the Diaspora in the 23 categories. The voting deadline is on 30th of June, 2012.
Top 5 Event Stories This Week
- Hurray! MTV’s MAMAs Coming To Kenya One More Time! Diamond Will Also Perform
- RIP Competition Official Video is Out...& Death is All I See" Khaligraph Jones x Dj Crème de la Crème
- Jimmy Gait Makes A Thunderous Comeback To Limelight. Guess What He Did To Attract Attention?
- Meet The Legendary Amos Okwemba. The Guru Behind Marketing, Media Production & Sound.
- Forget Machaa 7s, The 6th Edition Hakuna Matata Is Going To Be The Biggest Gig In The 254 And This Is Why. It’s All Happening In Machaa!