Young Artiste Ready to Take Kenya by StormThursday, 05 July 2012 17:45 , Written by Adam Wagwau (Writer)
Shrekeezy (Simon Njoroge) is a 17 year old rapper and radio presenter. He works at Hero Radio Kenya, which broadcasts in most of Rift Valley and parts of Western and Nyanza provinces.
Shrekeezy won Teeniez Best Artist Schools Category at last year's Chaguo La Teeniez. He was also recognized as Rising Star at the inaugural East Africa Music Awards in the same year. With 18,000 fans, he ranks at number 10 among Kenyan Hip Hop artistes on the site.
Besides music, Shrekeezy is behind the Silver Collar Initiative. The initiative's aim is eradicating unemployment among Kenyan youth by facilitating the creation of creative employment through music and other artistic endeavours.
Shrekeezy is not afraid of criticism. On his Reverbnation he says, "I put so
much of myself into what I do. I even read over the negative comments 'cos that's the kind of energy I feed off of to adjust, evolve and improve my craft until it manifests into the closest thing to perfection on the next go-round. I love hearing your opinions on what songs you want and how the show should be like."
You can check out Shrekeezy's Million Dollar Dance below.
Top 5 Music Stories This Week
- Beyonce Breaks The Internet With An Epic Fashion Fail. You Can See Her Fundamentals Peeping Through Her Dress (Photos)
- Nameless Flirts With Avril In Public
- If You Thought Size 8 Was Hot, Just Check Out Her Sister! #thirsttrap (Photo)
- Father Love: This Is How Singer Bahati Spends His Time With His Son Morgan
- Have You Seen The Strange Cake For Jalango’s Birthday That Is Doing Rounds On The Internet? (Photo)