Young Artiste Ready to Take Kenya by StormThursday, 05 July 2012 17:45 , Written by Adam Wagwau (Writer)
Shrekeezy (Simon Njoroge) is a 17 year old rapper and radio presenter. He works at Hero Radio Kenya, which broadcasts in most of Rift Valley and parts of Western and Nyanza provinces.
Shrekeezy won Teeniez Best Artist Schools Category at last year's Chaguo La Teeniez. He was also recognized as Rising Star at the inaugural East Africa Music Awards in the same year. With 18,000 fans, he ranks at number 10 among Kenyan Hip Hop artistes on the site.
Besides music, Shrekeezy is behind the Silver Collar Initiative. The initiative's aim is eradicating unemployment among Kenyan youth by facilitating the creation of creative employment through music and other artistic endeavours.
Shrekeezy is not afraid of criticism. On his Reverbnation he says, "I put so
much of myself into what I do. I even read over the negative comments 'cos that's the kind of energy I feed off of to adjust, evolve and improve my craft until it manifests into the closest thing to perfection on the next go-round. I love hearing your opinions on what songs you want and how the show should be like."
You can check out Shrekeezy's Million Dollar Dance below.
Top 5 Music Stories This Week
- Gloria Muliro’s Ditched Hubby Furiously Lashes Out At The Media Following Yesterday’s Incident
- President Uhuru Invited Akon To Party With Obama At State House Yet Kenyans Didn’t Give A Damn About Him. This Why (Photos)
- Elani's Hot Cake Wambui Ngugi Shows Off Her Juicy Assets Like Never Before (Photo)
- Kidero Responds To The Hilarious Shots Taken At His Grass #KideroGrass
- “I Miss You. I Don’t Know Why I Left You” Wendy Kimani Tells Her Ex. And It Was Caught On Camera