DEAR BIGTUNES ENT.: I don't plan on going for your Tarrus concert, but here's how you can change my mindThursday, 02 August 2012 17:22 , Written by Mr. Majani (Web Developer)
It is a well known fact that Kenya has an extremely poor record of hosting reggae events. Rowdyness, drug abuse and theivery are commonplace at these gatherings, and that is why, despite my love for Tarrus Riley, I have not yet made a point of ensuring that I attend his concert in Kenya, which Big Tunes Live Entertainment is organising.
However, I'm an open minded chap, and here's what it would take for me to have a change of heart on my decision:
1. Provide adequate security outside the ground
During the recent Alaine concert, I had the misfortune of being ROBBED WITH VIOLENCE just as I got to the venue (Carnivore). That occurence left a big scar in my heart, especially the pain of being within touching distance of Alaine, but not being able to see her because of some unscrupulous thugs at the Carnivore entrance.
2. Provide adequate security INSIDE the ground
This goes without saying. At a concert like Tarrus's, there will be those who snuck through the fence with no money, but the full intention of deriving a profit at the end of the night. Such buggers are known to be towards the centre of the adoring crowd, and sometimes are even heartless enough to go for those in the front line who are enjoying themselves the most. BigTunes Live ENT., be one step ahead of these guys; put security in the middle of the crowd.
3. Clamp down on drug abuse, especially weed
Some of us honestly don't smoke that stuff, and neither do we intend to in the near future. Don't let the revellers get away with doing it in the open, and forcing the rest of us to inhale second hand smoke the whole night. It's not cool.
Top 5 Music Stories This Week
- "I Am H.I.V Positive!" Upcoming Kenyan Artist Confesses! Read The Shocking Story Here! Read 11122 times
- The Artist Who Has Declared His H.I.V Status Explains How He Contracted It! Read 7939 times
- Ghafla! Exclusive: WOO-HOO! Wahu is Pregnant! Read 4534 times
- Colonel Mustafa Accused Of Running Away After Sex Read 4389 times
- Classic 105 Off Air! Read 4203 times