5. Mbulaa - Tractor Pull (Preston Reed)
He is the only guy who appears solo on the list. He is one of the best acoustic guitarists I have seen. Check out a talent truly waiting to be discovered.
4. Lyraoko - Make You Feel My Love (Adele)
Lyraoko (the artiste previously known as Lyra Aoko) has a poppy sound in her tracks but she also got a voice on her. The voice that earned her the inaugural Ziki Stars Talent Search win. There are a couple of covers she has done that are available online. This one is my favorite.
3. Sara Mitaru (with background vocals by Blinky Bill, Diana Nduba, Jim Chuchu and Njoki Ngumi) - Oh Happy Day (Edwin Hawkins)
Sara Mitaru is one of my favorite vocalists. She has done some brilliant tracks with Just-A-Band and Make Way was epic. Check out a brilliant cover she did of the classic song.
2. Stephanie Wakaba - Crazy For You (Adele)
If you make me like a song I had not paid much attention to before, then you are really good. I was an Adele fan but before I listened to the Sauti Academy student's cover, it was just another song to me. Can't wait to see Stephanie Wakaba's work after graduation.
1. Miss Karun and Harry Kimani - O' Holy Night (Adolphe Adam)
It's hard to realize just how much range the Camp Mulla singer has when you listen to her with her tracks with the group. Weirdly, her two covers both feature guitarists. Earlier this week, she released a track with Kato Change. Late last year, she did one as part of the Just-A-Band compilation for Boxing Day Special. See how mesmerizing she is doing a carol.