You see, for artistes to make money in this music industry, they have to comply with the fans' demands. Right now, club and hype songs are at the top of the demand list (that is dancehall and electronic/house music).
As I have always said, Wyre is the King of Kenyan dancehall music and he has prooved it with his latest track, 'dancehall party' and I can also see many more dancehall artistes coming up.
various Kenyan artistes are on the other hand adapting to house music. Even Afro Soul singer, Anto Neosoul has done an electronic beat track titled 'jikaze'.
I'm loving this. Bring more life to the night.
DANCEHALL AND ELECTRONIC MUSIC TAKING OVER?Saturday, 03 March 2012 12:05 , Written by Mr. Majani aka Baba Ghafla
It is evident that house and reggae music have a lot of influence on the youths. This spreads out even to the musicians and rappers. They are now taking up the 'electronic' and 'dancehall' genres of music. By the way, this is not a complaint. I am actually happy with this.
Top 5 Music Stories This Week
- You Will Not Believe How Much Sauti Sol Was Paid To Perform for Obama and Uhuru Kenyatta
- President Uhuru Invited Akon To Party With Obama At State House Yet Kenyans Didn’t Give A Damn About Him. This Why (Photos)
- SAD! ‘Toklezea’ Hit Maker Chantelle And Her Hubby J Blessing Lose Their First Child
- What Nameless And Wahu Did To Their Elder Daughter, Tumiso, In Her School
- Kenyans React To The Death Of Whitney Houston’s Daughter