I know most of you thought that this was one of those old school rappers that just decided to hang the boots. Not Hardstone. Being as good as this guy was and just call it quits like that, would be a really huge disappointment.
It's safe to say the Kenyan music boom started in the late '90s. Groups like Kalamashaka, 5 Alive and K-South had been doing it since the mid '90s but showbiz culture never really kicked in until the turn of the century.
He is one of the pioneers of Kenyan hiphop music, making it possible for other artists to actually see a career in music.
His was one of the first artistes in Kenya to start doing music, especially hip hop with the likes of Kalamashaka. It didn't take long for him to make it to the spot light since there were very few hip hop artistes in Kenya at that time. Plus we really loved his music.
Top 5 Music Stories This Week
- KOT Blasts Nation FM After Learning It Threw Out Sanaipei Tande Like A Filthy Slum Dog
- Sanaipei Tande Speaks Exclusively To Ghafla! After Her Controversial Firing From Nation FM
- ‘I Would Marry Maina Kageni’. Popular News Anchor Reveals
- Prezzo Is The Newest Celebrity Dad In Town! Check Out His Baby (Photo)
- Check Out Southampton's Player Victor Wanyama's House In London! (photos)