Two key witnesses in the ongoing inquest into the death of Jeff Mwathi — retired government pathologist Dr. Peter Ndegwa and government pathologist Dr. Johansen Oduor — have told the court that their examinations found no evidence of sexual assault on the deceased.
The two medical experts gave their testimonies before Milimani Principal Magistrate Rose Ndombi on Tuesday, October 21, 2025, during a session that revisited forensic findings surrounding the controversial death of the young interior designer.
Pathologists Rule Out Sexual Assault
Dr. Peter Ndegwa, the first pathologist to examine Jeff’s body shortly after his death, told the court that his post-mortem results showed no signs of sexual abuse.
During cross-examination by defence lawyer Duncan Okatch, who represents musician Lawrence Njuguna, popularly known as DJ Fatxo — a person of interest in the case — Dr. Ndegwa was asked directly if his findings indicated sexual assault.
“Did you find any evidence of sexual assault?” Okatch asked.
Dr. Ndegwa responded plainly: “No.”
Similarly, Dr. Johansen Oduor, who performed a second autopsy on March 31, 2023, at Jeff’s gravesite following public outcry and a DCI request, confirmed that he also found no indication of sexual abuse.
Asked by lawyer Okatch whether the rectal swabs taken during the second examination suggested any sexual assault, Dr. Oduor replied: “No, no.”
Both pathologists reaffirmed that the medical findings were consistent with injuries sustained from a fall, ruling out earlier claims that Jeff had been sexually assaulted before his death.
Origin of the Allegations
The court also heard that the claims of sexual assault only emerged weeks after Jeff’s burial, when social media users began spreading various unverified theories about his death.
Defence lawyer Okatch pointed to an affidavit filed by Corporal Philip Kilonzo on March 27, 2023, which documented how online speculation had fuelled pressure for a second autopsy.
To support this, popular Mugithi artist Samuel Muchoki, known as Samidoh, was called to the stand. Reading from paragraph 10 of the affidavit, he confirmed that “a section of social media in Kenya had claimed the deceased was sexually assaulted before his death.”
Samidoh also acknowledged that the allegations had trended widely online, leading to renewed public scrutiny and the eventual exhumation of Jeff’s body for re-examination.
Samidoh Questioned on His Connection to Senator Nyamu
During cross-examination, lawyer Okatch questioned Samidoh about his personal relationship with Senator Karen Nyamu, who had been vocal on social media about the case.
Okatch asked, “Do you know Senator Karen Nyamu?”
“Yes, I do,” replied Samidoh.
When pressed about the nature of their relationship, Samidoh responded with a smile, saying, “Probably more than a friend.”
Okatch then suggested that Senator Nyamu was among those publicly speculating about how Jeff Mwathi died — a claim Samidoh said reflected the general online discussion at the time, as “everyone was talking about Jeff’s death.”
Next Steps in the Inquest
The court heard that the family pathologist, who has been unable to testify due to being in South Africa, and a crime scene expert will be among the next witnesses when the inquest resumes on October 23, 2025.
Both the defence and the prosecution are expected to present further forensic and testimonial evidence to clarify the circumstances surrounding Jeff Mwathi’s mysterious death — a case that has gripped national attention for over two years.












